Hello Everyone
This post is not something light like all my other posts on this blog, but in fact something that a lot of us might be suffering from on a daily basis.
As a student, I studied quite a bit about this in Psychology when I was in grade 12.
what most definitions would tell you is..
There are a lot of reasons to it, one of which being the way that people address these disorders / situations.
On a daily basis , you will see people who are often saying things like "Oh I was so depressed last night," or "I got social anxiety so I did not go for the family event this time". Just make a note that, Anxiety or Depression are not phases of life that you can use in the form of daily life words.
I have been suffering from anxiety since a very young age. It can vary from the butterflies you feel in your stomach before an exam to the fear of facing people when you've been forced to attend a social gathering.
Certain situations from school when I was really young have been great contributors to this. .
I have been suffering from anxiety since I was 11.
Ever since I was a child, I wasn't very interactive. I often used to get sidelined while playing with the kids from my area or just quietly be a follower of the group.
I never really used to talk to many people until I got into grade 11 and then college, I stay in a dorm and from someone who is not quite acquainted with the art to talking to a many people, It was quite difficult for me to get used to meeting new people everyday.
At first, I used to have a lot of problems in getting along with my old roommate, until I moved into my friend's room.That too, had aroused too many trust issues.
College is obviously not a smooth route, considering it being an art college. Although there aren't many people in a class, it still is a bigger cause to the competitiveness around. All of these situations were caught up in my mind, having me have panic attacks on a regular basis.
Like the definition speaks, Before our exam . . I'd get really nervous and then either begin to cry non-stop or just sweat a lot. These are all symptoms, they do count.
My friends would often look at me and say "Stop thinking about it" "Stop being a drama queen" "You cry over the pettiest things" "What's wrong with you!?" "You panic way too much" and more stuff.
Well the thing here is, all of this is NOT drama!
It's anxiety. .
Around two months ago, my health was not very good and I thought I'd kickstart fresh once I am back from my semester break.
Things never really changed but for a week or two when I attended college like I usually would.. and then got a viral fever again. This viral fever stayed for a really long time.
A lot of my classmates just thought that I was faking my sickness to ditch class, which was not the case. After consulting a bunch of doctors, I went to this physician who gave me a good medicine. That too, had side effects that induced drowsiness and had me oversleep.
My eating habits eventually began to get very very messy because I kept skipping meals.
After all of this mess, I was okay by the end of November and attended the new class that was being going on this month.
I must have attended two days of that class and the pressure was real. I could have kept up with the class but I was still recovering and I had to stay up all night for the work.
The next morning , was the day when I had a major panic attack.
I don't know what had happened to me, but I had nobody to share this with. . I did try sharing it with my best friends, but I did not know how to explain.
Normally they'd ask me to stop thinking about things too much but I wish I'd be able to do that.
It felt like everything in my subconscious mind was spilling out in an instant. Honestly, I've had complexes throughout my life. . I don't really express them out , but everyone who knows me probably has an idea of it.
Right from my studies to my weight. i'm constantly worrying about it.
At that point, I didn't have a roommate. My roommate had moved out and I was told that I wouldn't be getting anyone until another two months. I did have friends, but they all had probably gone home or I just didn't want to burden them with my situation.
That day, I had a panic attack at 6am in the morning. I do not remember much of it but I regret that I tried to do something very very stupid that would have had a worse outcome.
I would not have gotten through this if it weren't my friend from the dorm who came to my room at 6am, waking up from her sleep just to answer my call.
I can't thank her more!
This post is not something light like all my other posts on this blog, but in fact something that a lot of us might be suffering from on a daily basis.
As a student, I studied quite a bit about this in Psychology when I was in grade 12.
what most definitions would tell you is..
"a feeling of worry, nervousness, or unease about something with an uncertain outcome."
Anxiety is a general term for several disorders that cause nervousness, fear, apprehension, and worrying.It's far more than just worrying because it can affect a person's way of behaving and they can manifest real physical symptoms.
Mild anxiety is vague and unsettling, while severe anxiety can be extremely debilitating, having a serious impact on daily life.Now I bet all of you who are reading this must have been thinking of why I chose such a sensitive topic to write about. . .
There are a lot of reasons to it, one of which being the way that people address these disorders / situations.
On a daily basis , you will see people who are often saying things like "Oh I was so depressed last night," or "I got social anxiety so I did not go for the family event this time". Just make a note that, Anxiety or Depression are not phases of life that you can use in the form of daily life words.
I have been suffering from anxiety since a very young age. It can vary from the butterflies you feel in your stomach before an exam to the fear of facing people when you've been forced to attend a social gathering.
Certain situations from school when I was really young have been great contributors to this. .
I have been suffering from anxiety since I was 11.
Ever since I was a child, I wasn't very interactive. I often used to get sidelined while playing with the kids from my area or just quietly be a follower of the group.
I never really used to talk to many people until I got into grade 11 and then college, I stay in a dorm and from someone who is not quite acquainted with the art to talking to a many people, It was quite difficult for me to get used to meeting new people everyday.
At first, I used to have a lot of problems in getting along with my old roommate, until I moved into my friend's room.That too, had aroused too many trust issues.
College is obviously not a smooth route, considering it being an art college. Although there aren't many people in a class, it still is a bigger cause to the competitiveness around. All of these situations were caught up in my mind, having me have panic attacks on a regular basis.
Like the definition speaks, Before our exam . . I'd get really nervous and then either begin to cry non-stop or just sweat a lot. These are all symptoms, they do count.
My friends would often look at me and say "Stop thinking about it" "Stop being a drama queen" "You cry over the pettiest things" "What's wrong with you!?" "You panic way too much" and more stuff.
Well the thing here is, all of this is NOT drama!
It's anxiety. .
Around two months ago, my health was not very good and I thought I'd kickstart fresh once I am back from my semester break.
Things never really changed but for a week or two when I attended college like I usually would.. and then got a viral fever again. This viral fever stayed for a really long time.
A lot of my classmates just thought that I was faking my sickness to ditch class, which was not the case. After consulting a bunch of doctors, I went to this physician who gave me a good medicine. That too, had side effects that induced drowsiness and had me oversleep.
My eating habits eventually began to get very very messy because I kept skipping meals.
After all of this mess, I was okay by the end of November and attended the new class that was being going on this month.
I must have attended two days of that class and the pressure was real. I could have kept up with the class but I was still recovering and I had to stay up all night for the work.
The next morning , was the day when I had a major panic attack.
I don't know what had happened to me, but I had nobody to share this with. . I did try sharing it with my best friends, but I did not know how to explain.
Normally they'd ask me to stop thinking about things too much but I wish I'd be able to do that.
It felt like everything in my subconscious mind was spilling out in an instant. Honestly, I've had complexes throughout my life. . I don't really express them out , but everyone who knows me probably has an idea of it.
Right from my studies to my weight. i'm constantly worrying about it.
At that point, I didn't have a roommate. My roommate had moved out and I was told that I wouldn't be getting anyone until another two months. I did have friends, but they all had probably gone home or I just didn't want to burden them with my situation.
That day, I had a panic attack at 6am in the morning. I do not remember much of it but I regret that I tried to do something very very stupid that would have had a worse outcome.
I would not have gotten through this if it weren't my friend from the dorm who came to my room at 6am, waking up from her sleep just to answer my call.
I can't thank her more!
No comments:
Post a Comment