Hey!
People often assume that I have my art style influenced from manga, which is true in a way. Manga is what made me want to draw more. It was the reason I began practicing art more often in the first place. However, it is not entirely manga. I also collected small comic strips of Peanuts , Calvin & Hobbes and R.K. Laxman's stuff from the newspapers until I had an amount that created a huge mess of them in my room. Those were more of an inspiration that kept me going on.
It's been really long since I've updated anything over here. I've been busy dealing with my final semester and lots of work. It's almost a week left to mid March and I have been extremely stressed over my final project. Of course, it is a lot of work and all. . . but it is solely my responsibility as I have chosen to go on that path.
This entire week was such a rocky road as nothing I tried to do went smoothly. I really hope that this semester passes by smoothly and I walk out of the college with a smile of satisfaction on my face.
This entire week was such a rocky road as nothing I tried to do went smoothly. I really hope that this semester passes by smoothly and I walk out of the college with a smile of satisfaction on my face.
Coming to the point of this entire post, I wanted to write about certain questions that people have been constantly asking me these days. As an animation student, I have often been asked why I am more interested in comic art or sequential art in general.
To be very honest, I was interested in both traditional and 3D animation until my second year at college.
I even love learning new softwares and I've learnt a lot of them myself. However, in my third year. . I began reading web-comics or web toons and I was highly influenced by them. I had always been into comics and Manga. . but web-comics played a major role in changing my interests. Also they have majorly influenced my art style.
I even love learning new softwares and I've learnt a lot of them myself. However, in my third year. . I began reading web-comics or web toons and I was highly influenced by them. I had always been into comics and Manga. . but web-comics played a major role in changing my interests. Also they have majorly influenced my art style.
People often assume that I have my art style influenced from manga, which is true in a way. Manga is what made me want to draw more. It was the reason I began practicing art more often in the first place. However, it is not entirely manga. I also collected small comic strips of Peanuts , Calvin & Hobbes and R.K. Laxman's stuff from the newspapers until I had an amount that created a huge mess of them in my room. Those were more of an inspiration that kept me going on.
And then, I began reading webcomics which made me realise how art styles can have an impact on the readers. Some of the web-comics i read have a very simple art style but yet, they create a huge impact on the reader. Is it the story? Or the art? But the art is not even detailed!? How??
These were the exact questions in my mind. . And I think it is neither the art style or the story alone but how these two have gone hand-in-hand and have created an impact simultaneously.
Meaning, I was really fascinated by how the artist had managed to put the simplest of their work in a very beautiful composition that created an impact on the reader and had them say "Oh! so this is where the story is going"
These were the exact questions in my mind. . And I think it is neither the art style or the story alone but how these two have gone hand-in-hand and have created an impact simultaneously.
Meaning, I was really fascinated by how the artist had managed to put the simplest of their work in a very beautiful composition that created an impact on the reader and had them say "Oh! so this is where the story is going"
I'm still very very fascinated by how different every comic artist puts up their work differently. There are still a lot of unanswered questions on my mind which only exploring and learning more can help!
That can only be achieved through experiments~
So, I haven't exactly lost interest in animation as a whole. I will still be really greedy to learn new softwares.
That can only be achieved through experiments~
So, I haven't exactly lost interest in animation as a whole. I will still be really greedy to learn new softwares.
Even now, I am very much interested in learning new stuff and I shall definitely learn them after my graduation.
This world is full of new things to explore and learn!
Yes~ So I guess this was all for the day!
It will soon be my birthday in a few days and also my pre-final jury.
Please wish me luck, friends TT
Love Y'all!
It will soon be my birthday in a few days and also my pre-final jury.
Please wish me luck, friends TT
Love Y'all!
No comments:
Post a Comment