Pages

Monday, 1 May 2017

[FANDOM TALK] Monsta X, An obsession or inspiration?

Hello Everyone!

It's the first of May and I decided to talk about this question that some of my friends had asked me a long time ago. I have always been very supportive of the K-pop idol group MONSTA X in every activity of theirs. Not only do I love their different style and their unique music, but also they hold a huge place in my heart. (also a huge place in my wallet)


My friends have often told me that I have been obsessing over them and spending on them way too much. But, How does a fan live otherwise?
I have explained them how this idol group is an inspiration to me than an obsession, but I thought this topic would have been great to write about on my blog!

This all flashes back to early 2015 when I was in my second year of college and dealing with a lot in college. The issues did not only limit to academics but also trust issues among friends and health issues (majorly health issues). .
This is when I used to stay in the dorm and I came across their survival show "No Mercy".
Honestly, I NEVER have been a fan of survival shows and I do not know why I even started watching this. Of course, trainees as just like students that overwork for hours and get no proper food or sleep.
I do not know why but this I found the trainees on this uber-scripted show to be very relatable. This is how I continued watching the show until the end. It did have very very very disappointing moments in it, but that is another discussion altogether.
When you are dealing with a lot of things, You need something to lean on. I was stepping into the competitive field, everything was harsh on me. I was starting to think about my choices.
This group's debut was what slightly got me out of that slump. I don't know if anyone would take this seriously but fans on a larger scale get inspired by either lyrics or song or something the idols would say on a show. For me, It wasn't lyrics, song but pre-debut trainees on a show.
You all reading this may feel that I am being over-dramatic and all, but it is true.

I can't really explain my mental condition from that time, but these guys working hard towards their dream of making music inspired me a lot.
The made me realise that even when things are extremely rough, there can still be a way out of it!
This is why I want to support them in every way I can!

Oh yeah! They're almost close to their 2nd debut anniversary which is on the 14th of May and I am a very proud fan watching their fanbase grow.
Not denying at all that this fandom has made me have some great friends!

This is why this group has a huge place in my heart. I will continue to love and support them in the very same way.

I end this post by sharing their latest release and would recommend you all to go and listen to it (listen to it again if you already have!)





BONUS

Pre-debut Biases :P

No comments:

Post a Comment