Pages

Monday, 20 November 2017

[SHOPPING TAG] TONYMOLYx Pokémon Stuff Review

Hey Everyone!!!
In my previous post, I uploaded a picture of the contents I had received from TesterKorea package and I will be reviewing three of the products that I had ordered.
The Tonymoly x Pokémon collaboration had very cute products and they even looked amazing, so I had to try out some of them.
Like I had mentioned, I ordered a
Charmander / Pairi Brightening Facewash and a Squirtle / Kkobugi Hydrating Facewash. and Pikachu mini Cover Cushion Pact.

FROM LEFT: Charmander / Pairi Brightening Facewash and Squirtle / Kkobugi Hydrating Facewash .
These Facewash tubes are as big as the Innisfree facewash I was previously using (150ml) and much much cheaper as these were around $4.86 (310INR) each.
irrelevant photo of the back side of the tubes

As I have mentioned in almost every other blog post that I have really sensitive skin, I was very cautious while using this product.
Fairi Brightening Foam Cleanser (150ml)

https://www.roseroseshop.com/image/data/brand/tonymoly/light/tony_mt_216_02_light.jpg
The Charmander / Fairi one comes with a grapefruit extract which is helpful in brightening the skin and apple extract which is rich in antioxidants!
Ingredients:
Water, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Myristic Acid, Glycerin, Lauric Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Sorbitan Olivate, Cocoamidopropyl Betain, Sodium Chloride, Allantoin, Panthenol, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Butylene Glycol, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Disodium Edta, 1,2-hexanediol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Fragrance.
The cleanser texture was quite smooth and lathered quite a bit when I used it but the it left a slightly stinging effect on my skin which was quite surprising.
However, it seems like my skin got used to the product several days later.
After a couple days of having used it, my skin looked a bit healthier compared to how dull it looked before.
here's a picture that I took on the third day of having tried it

After using
The grapefruit scent is beautiful and it leaves the skin quite fresh looking after you have used it.
I shall give this one 4/5

Kkobugi Hydrating Foam Cleanser (150ml)

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjJMnRuwVXzdVYvRobqpBr-cIr6Jm_dWozrdfYuKTbkgrvNR-jTPqVHvNw5u__hVU2FlYXpOvjIPn1hCDnCaELqHRt-XlL1vbND96nAo4MbpMAb29ZGs7EkbqOFjrzcPzpj69rQlT8VZTF9/s640/KR0000084Top.png
Ingredients:Water, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Myristic Acid, Glycerin, Lauric Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Sorbitan Olivate, Cocoamidopropyl Betain,Sodium Chloride, Allantoin, Panthenol, Butylene Glycol, Hyaluronic Acid, Nelumbium Speciosum Flower Extract, Disodium EDTA,Phenoxyethanol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Chlorphenesin, Fragrance.
This one contains Hyaluronic Acid and Lotus extract that hydrates your skin.
Just like the Fairi one this has a similar texture and feel to it, only the scent being floral and fresh.
As soon as I tried this one, my skin felt really really fresh. This one is much more refreshing than the fairi one and leaves the skin extremely soft after use.
Lately, I've been having skin troubles with oily skin and itchy skin..so this facewash came in like a blessing.
I'd personally give this one also a 3.5/5
RATE:
PRICE: 4/5 (Quite Cheap)
USE: 4/5 (could go on for three to four months)
PACKAGING: 4/5 (it wasn’t much but I loved the concept of both of these.. so)

Tonymoly Pikachu mini Cover Cushion Pact. (Warm Beige)

Honestly I do not use foundations much and I solely spent on this for the extra cute packaging..(oops) This thing comes for about $9.45 ?? which is about 600INR and MUCH MUCH cheaper than the other ones I’ve looked up!
This was SPF 50+ PA+++ which seemed okay I guess??

The packaging is A+ and adorable. The puff is in the shape of a Pokéball too!



CONTENTS:
Water, Cyclopenasiloxane, Titanium Dioxide, Isotridecyl isononanoate, Ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, Glycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Lauryl PEG 10 Tris(Trimethylsiloxy)silylethyl Dimethicone, Niacinamide, Mica, Diphenylsiloxy Phenyl Trimethicone, Sodium chloride, Argania spinosa Kernel Oil, Boron nitride, Melaleuca alternifolia Extract, Nymphaea Alba Flower Extract, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Silica, 1, 2-Hexanediol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Aluminum hydroxide, Caprylyl Glycol, Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Adenosine, Phenoxyethanol, CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499, Fragance

Some friendly Instructions a.k.a How To Use:
  • Press the puff onto the cushion till you have a required amount of the content on the puff.
  • Gently pat it onto your face. (Pat!! I say)
  • If needed, repeat all of the above.

How about the coverage???
I’d personally say that this has a medium coverage. It might require a second layer at all (in a very rare case), but I found it okay since it hid all my blemishes up for me.
Although I do have a complaint about it not looking quite natural and a bit patchy if you give a closer look, but it doesnt look bad.
(Also irrelevant but I am very stingy with using this so I only use a bit to cover up the blemishes.)
FROM LEFT: The shade, RIGHT: After having properly applied it.

Is it too bright on the skin?
Nope. Since it comes in two shades, I assumed Warm Beige which was the darker one among the two was suitable for my skin type.
You can check here for a reference of the two shades
My Skin tone is somewhere in between pale and tan, so it was mildly bright on it but it was fine.

I don't have much pictures to show, but here's all I've taken.
The only setback of this product is that it starts to look kind of flaky after a while and it makes my skin look drier than usual just because of the texture.

I'd give this a 3/5 from my side as I am personally not satisfied with this but hopefully i can buy a refill for this ;;

RATE:
PRICE: 2/5 (Not very cheap but also not very expensive)
COVERAGE: 3/5 (pretty good; hides the ugliness blemishes on my nose)
PACKAGING: 5/5 (IT IS VERY CUTE)

Also, looks like today’s winner is Charmander!
So I CHOOOOSE YOU, CHARMANDER!

1 comment:

  1. kawaiiiiiii!!! and sounds so good but still too expensive for my broke-potato soul ;_;

    ReplyDelete